On this episode, we finally explore the topic that has been nagging at Falls (at least) for some time: Does Wilco suck? Needless to day, it’s an entertaining conversation that might end in a different place than you expect.
Also on the show, Frank asks Falls about his burgeoning addiction to vinyl record shopping and the two interview their daughters about the music they love. Katie and Lucia joined the hosts for some spirted talk about Boy Genius, Lovejoy, Gracie Abrams and more.
And, of course, some new music was offered up as this week’s Pickin’ the Grinnin’ for you to feast upon.
Don’t forget you can now show your support of the show with Roots Music Rambler’s new merch, now available at rootsmusicrambler.com/store. Authentic t-shirts, hats and stickers are now available.
(As of press time, there are no “Wilco Sucks” bumper stickers.)
Buckle up for The Hoe-Down and the Throw-Down! It’s a new episode of Roots Music Rambler.
Notes and links:
- The Roots Music Rambler Store
- GuestRoom Records in Louisville on Instagram
- Nathan Graham’s interview on Roots Music Rambler
- RailBird Music Festival
- Bourbon & Beyond Music Festival
- Michael Young’s Roots & Boots on WFPK in Louisville
- Wilco Discography on Wikipedia
- Roots Music Rambler on Instagram
- Roots Music Rambler on TikTok
- Roots Music Rambler on Facebook
- Jason Falls on Instagram
- Francesca Folinazzo on Instagram
Pickin’ the Grinnin’ Recommendations
- Sierra Ferrel on Spotify
- Sierra Ferrel’s appearance on Jimmy Kimmel
- Brit Taylor’s Kentucky Blue on Spotify
- Brit Taylor’s Kentucky Bluegrassed on Spotify
- Whiskey Myers on Spotify
And be sure to get your MuskOx premium flannel shirts just in time for fall. Use the code RAMBLER on checkout for a discount!
Theme Music: Sheepskin & Beeswax by Genticorum
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices